PDF Class Use Digital Edition
PDF (Class Use) - authorizes a class to share the electronic file of the workbook with its members and make multiple printed copies for their local class use in a single class period.
The Wife God Would Have Me to Be
A Bible Study on Marriage
by Anne Stevens
The Wife God Would Have Me to Be: A Bible Study on Marriage by Anne Stevens was created from ladies’ studies led by the author through her years of encouraging wives to look deeply into the guidance offered in God’s word. It is practical, personal, moving, and scriptural. This is an excellent resource for use in women’s classes or in personal study.
Anne Stevens is both a “Preacher’s Kid” and a “Preacher’s Wife.” Married to Jimmy Stevens for over fifty years, she has labored with him in his preaching work in Corrigan, Huntington, Seminole, Brenham,
and Centerville, TX, and Bradley, AR. Anne is the daughter of Ernest and Frances Finley, who worked together in congregations as he preached in Arkansas, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. Anne and Jimmy are the parents of Luke (and Suzanne), Josh (and Lisa), and Jady (and Missy) Stevens. Over the past twenty years and for many groups of ladies in multiple states, Anne has taught classes on “The Wife and Mother God Would Have Me to Be,” which became the basis for this book. She has received words of thanks and appreciation not only from the women attending the classes but from their husbands, as well.
Table of Contents
1. Who Is Our Authority?
2. Instructions to Wives in Ephesus
3. Instructions to Wives through Titus
4. Instructions to Wives in 1 Peter
5. Obstacles: c, Part 1
6. Obstacles: Feminism, Part 2
7. Obstacles: Choice of a Husband, Part 1
8. Obstacles: Choice of a Husband, Part 2
9. Obstacles: Being a Young Wife
10. Obstacles: Being an Older Wife
11. Obstacles: Friendships
12. Obstacles: Lacking Proper Examples and Faith in God
13. Obstacles: Moodiness
14. Obstacles: Nakedness
15. Obstacles: Attitudes
16. Obstacles: Work Outside the Home
17. Becoming the Wife God Would Have Me to Be
18. Review and Blessings