It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Study Guide: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered (Paperback) by Lysa TerKeurst
What went wrong? Why did God let this happen?
Reality often ends up so very far from the life we long for, doesn’t it? Bible teacher Lysa TerKeurst deeply understands daily disappointments and life-altering loss. By walking through her own valley, she’s discovered that in God we can find unexpected strength as we wrestle well between our faith and feelings.
In this six-session video Bible study (DVD/digital downloads sold separately), Lysa offers a safe place to share your disappointments, fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations, and life-giving perspectives for living in between Eden and eternity.
With solid truth, vulnerability and honest humor, Lysa will help you:
- Find peace and hope for the future when you feel like your life is not what you expected.
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train yourself to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so you can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give you more than you can handle.
- Shift your suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing you.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help them navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
- The Birthplace of Disappointment
- Living Between Two Gardens
- Problems Placed On Us and Problems Within Us
- The Four Steps of Restoration
- When the Enemy Comes Against Us
- Kingdom Minded, Eternally Focused
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson; Study Guide edition (November 20, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0310094348
- ISBN-13: 978-0310094340
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times best-selling author of Uninvited, The Best Yes, Unglued, Made to Crave, and 18 other books. You can access all of Lysa's products at amazon.com/LysaTerkeurst.
As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa and her team have led thousands to make their walk with God an invigorating journey through their First 5 app, daily online devotionals, radio programs, online Bible studies, speaker/writing training, and more.
Lysa was recently awarded the Champions of Faith Author Award and has been published in multiple publications such as Fox News and CNN online. Additionally, she has appeared on the Today Show as one of the leading voices in the Christian community.
Each year, Lysa is a featured keynote presenter at more than 40 events across North America, including the Women of Joy Conferences and the Catalyst Leadership Conference. She has a passion for equipping women to share their stories for God’s glory through Proverbs 31 Ministries’ annual She Speaks Conference and writer training program, COMPEL: Words That Move People.
Lysa writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina.