You’ve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many behind-the-scenes details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover just how much is happening in Scripture.
That’s what the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible provides. Every page is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of Bible times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforcing your confidence and bringing difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus.
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. Scripture is full of symbolic references, nuances, and even plays on words that came across loud and clear to the people who originally read it, but that may get lost in translation for the modern English reader.
This study Bible changes that. The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Bible gives you the insight you need to
- Discover what the Scriptures would have meant to their ancient hearers
- Set aside our own modern Western perceptions and read the Bible like its original hearers might have
- Enjoy quick access to one of the most comprehensive collection of research about Bible times ever assembled in one study Bible
- The full text of the NIV
- Hundreds of full-color photographs from around the world
- In-depth book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Over 10,000 verse-by-verse notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Dozens of charts, maps, diagrams in vivid color
- In-depth articles on key contextual topics
- Words of Jesus in red
- Full study Bible tools: cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps